6 month contract to cover maternity
My client based in Launceston is a marketplace lending platform focused on helping business-owners across regional Britain access the finance they need to grow, develop, or diversify; while providing fixed-rate, property-backed investments for retail and institutional investors.
They are recruiting for a Compliance and AML Officer to join their friendly team:
- Support the Head of Compliance in providing an effective independent Compliance Function and developing a strong compliance culture within the business.
- Assist in the delivery of the compliance plan and compliance monitoring programme.
- Monitoring – undertake compliance monitoring to assess compliance with and adequacy of the policies, procedures, and processes in place within the business. Analyse and compile findings into monitoring reports to discuss with the Head of Compliance for further action, as necessary.
- Regulatory Risk – assist with the identification, monitoring and mitigation of regulatory risk.
- Support to Business – assist the Head of Compliance in supporting the business on all regulatory and compliance matters including working with operational areas to develop and maintain policies and procedures designed to minimise the risk of legal and regulatory breaches.
- Regulatory Reporting – assist with the submission of all required FCA regulatory returns within the specified timelines.
- Reporting – assist in preparing appropriate reports for the Board in relation to regulatory developments, serious or persistent compliance problems, compliance monitoring and the strength of the firm’s compliance arrangements.
- Record-keeping – Ensure that all records under the responsibility of the Compliance Function are kept and maintained in accordance with regulatory, legal and business requirements.
- Support the Head of Compliance and Money Laundering Reporting Officer in actively managing the process for the identification, assessment, monitoring and management of the risks in relation to financial crime and investigating all suspicious activity.
- Maintain the procedures manuals for the AML processes followed within the company.
- Manage the relationship and periodically review the AML and Credit checking service provider. Also provide desk-side assistance to customer facing teams that need to use these services, escalating issues to helpdesk when appropriate.
- Manage the customer screening processes for PEPs and sanctions lists, to ensure compliance with requirements of JMLSG and MLR 2017.
- Keep up to date with any changes to the AML regulations and advise on changes to internal processes to ensure the firm always meets its compliance requirements.
- Review and approval of new and existing client accounts for AML etc.
- Help ensure the firm’s AML controls meet or exceed regulatory standards.
- Microsoft office: Word, Excel
- Experience in a financial services role e.g. bank, mortgages, broker
- Experience in a compliance / AML role desirable
- Some knowledge of FCA regulations e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, Treating Customers Fairly, COBS, Financial Promotions, Complaints Handling (DISP), CASS
Please submit your CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.