Location: Redruth or Truro
Salary: £24,000 – £26500
Contract: Permanent, full time
Are you passionate about making a difference and helping others?
Would you like to work in a role that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do, making a genuine positive impact?
Consider the role of an Employment Adviser!
We are recruiting for a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
What the job is about:
Employment Advisers are the front line.. The main purpose of the role is to support unemployed jobseekers (our participants) with finding and sustaining employment, engage with employers and make local communities aware of the benefits of our service. Our participants are the lifeblood of our business, and providing them with an excellent service is at the very core of the Employment Adviser role.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Meeting with jobseekers, identifying any challenges and barriers with finding employment
- Booking jobseekers to any relevant training courses including customer service, security, hospitality, personal development, IT literacy and many others
- Supporting jobseekers with CV writing and job application process
- Liaising with employers to identify any employment opportunities for the jobseekers
- Outreach work
- Key to your success in this role is to demonstrate the ability to build rapport, show empathy, motivate people and influence their perception of working
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
Required skills and experience
- Able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills through previous work or social activities
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment (i.e. Customer Services, Hospitality, Social Care, Customer Services, Sales)
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
- Willingness to travel locally (e.g. to meet customers/employers).
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
- GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
Desirable Personal Attributes:
- Experience of exposure to various customer groups.
- Previous experience of a working in a similar role in Welfare to Work or publicly funded services
- Any relevant advisory and/or training qualification e.g. Award in Education & Training (formally PTLLs Level 3), NVQ Advice & Guidance or equivalent.
- A degree in relevant subjects or equivalent, e.g. Sociology, Social Care etc.
- Please submit your CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that you are unsuccessful. Talent Tide are an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.