TalentTide are now recruiting for a Linux Engineer to ensure the day-to-day running of the compute & storage platform services, including the adoption of new services into production and responding to incidents and service requests.
- The successful delivery of compute & storage platform services.
- Resolution of major incidents and any escalated issues on the compute & storage platform.
- Support delivery of technological change
- Responsible for the security, resilience, and monitoring of the compute & storage platforms.
- Responsible for maintaining service and enacting business continuity arrangements if necessary.
Required skills and experience:
- Linux certification such as Red Hat Certified Engineer or SUSE Certified Linux Administrator or equivalent experience
- Strong Linux administration skills with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) CentOS, or Ubuntu (E)
- Excellent Linux troubleshooting skills
- Experience with scripting or other automation tools such as Ansible
- Working knowledge of Virtualisation platforms (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with Open source monitoring tools (Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti)
- Linux authentication services (integration into AD)
- Experience of working with enterprise scale applications, infrastructure and software
As well as a competitive salary this role offers good benefit that includes:
- 10% bonus
- 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays)
- Excellent pension scheme
To discuss this role further please contact Jake Phillips at TalentTide today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
TalentTide is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.