Network Engineer – Global organisation
£35k – £45k D.O.E
Site Based with some Hybrid work possible
- Potential career path
- Global mobility opportunities if relevant
- Training and development
- Diverse and international team
TalentTide are currently working for a large organisation with offices all over the world they looking to recruit a Global Network Engineer you will be involved in the operations and deployment of the Global Network Strategy for the company.
Part of a global team with 10 members located in NA, SA ,APAC and EMEA, Supporting over 350 sites with approximately 4,000 devices. Working in collaboration with the security and business partners teams to ensure that the network is secure, cost effective and efficient as well as evolving with any business requirements.
All site network infrastructure including but not limited to: VPN’s, Riverbeds, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wireless, general LAN/WAN, VOIP; cloud and other security devices.
- Ability to control costs and deliveries, focused in quality objectives;
- Use Cherwell (ITSM tool) for IT Services and Change Management
- Support multi-site network infrastructure across North and South America, Europe,
Middle-East & Asia on a daily basis including monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving
- network related issues;
- Ability to create, propose new solutions;
- Able to work in Global environment and culture, with flexible hour concept;
- Adequate project management skills and ability to manage time and complex tasks;
- Good understanding of Cisco LAN/WAN technology;
- Hands-on experience in network / switching / routing;
- Should have a high degree of competency in technical areas
including IP, Ethernet, Cisco Wifi, Palo Alto firewalls and Global Protect VPN client, Palo
Alto Prisma, Forcepoint URL filtering, BGP, MPLS, SDWAN, SASE,Cloud IAAS ( AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strongly service orientation minded.
- Fundamental to the role is the ability to Interact with global multi-national team and willingness to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies.
- Able to work and contribute to a team environment;
- Able to work in an on-call rota;
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent work experience;
- Experience of ITIL methodology or structured IT best practice framework;
- Experience of working with onshore networks and networks for remote sites and offshore installations;
- Flexible attitude to working hours;
- Initiative and ability to multitask with multiple projects and work independently if necessary;
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in support & implementation role on supporting large heterogeneous enterprise network infrastructure;
- Strong or excellent communication skill in English. (any other European language would be advantageous)
Nice to have:
- Cisco certified level of CCNA;
- Familiarity with ITIL processes;
- Technical certifications on Cisco, Palo Altos, or Forcepoint;
- Strong personal efficiency and problem solving skills; very concerned by security and standardisation/rationalisation aspects.
Please contact Danielle at TalentTide if you think this role is for you or if you would like to register to find out about any other suitable roles.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
TalentTide is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.